Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Pool Money

The NHL regular season is coming to an end shortly. Unfortunately I was unable to get my crown back for the Biggest Fantasy Hockey Pool in Southern New Brunswick. Its been away from me for a few years now. Oh how I miss it. But this year it looks like I'm gonna take home second place. Which is not all that bad since I made zero trades. The money helps with the pain of not winning it all. I'm greedy.

In the 11 years we have been doing the fantasy pool I am still the only person to win the regular and playoff pools in the same year. Its like the 72 Dolphins and there perfect season. Its magical when it happens. That year I just had all the stars aligned for me. I was just perfect that year. I was helped out by the aliens (Daniel and Henrik Sedin) and Useless Huselius who was picked in the second to last round. Guy was a stud this year.

Thanks go out to Newelly for hosting the pool every year. www.officepools.com for having a kick ass cheap site to keep track of it all and to all those who come out and donate money to my habits. DBonds that means you too.

On to other things. Crackdown. That is so fitting. It's "crack" alright. I've been done the actual game for a long time now. But I'm still stuck on 499 of 500 agility orbs. How the hell will I find that. Even using a simple glitch to get under the map doesn't help me. I can swim around and do a grid search easier. But the map is so big. The sense of accomplishment when I find it will be awesome. Followed by "Why didn't I check there before. Gosh. Idiot".

Congrats go out to Mike and Judy Upward for being named as a recipient of the Governor General's Caring Canadian Award. Since my brothers played football for him, as did I, I've known them since I was a little kid. With the dedication to football and the kids over the years, they deserve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home